We do not live in a controlled environment.
People are exposed to many substances at any given time, including those they encounter at work, school, or home; in the food, they eat, and in the air, they breathe. It’s very unlikely they know exactly what they’ve been exposed to or that they would be able to remember all of their exposures if asked by a researcher.
And there are usually many years (often decades) between exposure to a carcinogen and the development of cancer. Therefore, it can be very hard to definitely link any particular exposure to cancer.
A recent study of four major discount retailers in the United States by the Ecology Centre found that 133 out of 164 products tested, including children’s jewelry, floor mats, kitchen utensils and silly straws, contained at least one hazardous chemical ‘above levels of concern’.
From bargain bath mats and kitchen utensils to fun knick-knacks like silly straws and children’s stick-on jewelry, hundreds of products sold at discount retailers have been found to contain toxic levels of harmful metals, plastics, and chemicals that have been linked to cancers and diseases.
Just because stuff is being sold in stores doesn’t necessarily means that it’s safe for use to consume or use.
However, we can control what we put in our homes!
History is riddled with examples and if you have been following the headlines we have proof of several products you should be aware of, in particular, the following 12 household items:
1. Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste
The labeled toxic ingredients it contains are
- FD&C BLUE #1 and SACCHARIN, both carcinogenic, as well as FLUORIDE, which is potentially carcinogenic.
2. Cover Girl Replenishing Natural Finish Make Up
The labeled toxins in the content of this foundation are the following:
- Parabens: contact dermatitis.
- Fragrance: numerous toxic, untested and unlabeled ingredients, as well as contact dermatitis.
- Triethanolamine (Tea): when mixed with nitrites, it creates carcinogenic nitrosamines.
- Lanolin: often poisoned with carcinogenic pesticides and DDT.
- Bha: carcinogenic.
- Talc: which can lead to cancer and lung irritation.
3.Household Products Ajax Cleanser
The unlabeled toxic Ingredient it contains is CRYSTALLINE SILICA. This ingredient causes cancer, as well as eye, skin and lung irritation. It has been confirmed to be carcinogenic in 1994 by the Material Safety and Data Sheet (MSDS), and its manufacturer says that its use has been reduced since 1993.
4.Whole Dairy Milk
Whole milk also contains unlabeled toxic elements, including:
- ANTIBIOTICS- some of them being carcinogenic, and lead to allergies or resistance.
- HEXACHLOROBENZENE- which is carcinogenic, a reproductive toxin and neurotoxin.
- HEPTACHLOR-carcinogenic, xenoestrogen, a reproductive toxin, neurotoxin.
- DDT- which is carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
- RECOMBINANT BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE and IGF-1- These can lead to a colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
- DIELDRIN-also carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
5. Alberto VO5 Conditioner
The toxic ingredients it contains are labeled and include:
- FD&C RED #4- which can cause cancer.
- FRAGANCE,- different hidden ingredients, contact dermatitis.
- FORMALDEHYDE, carcinogenic and neurotoxic, contact dermatitis, sensitizer.
- POLYSORBATE 80, poisoned with the carcinogen 1,4-dioxane.
6. Zodiac Cat & Dog Flea Collar
It has labeled the toxic ingredient called PROPOXUR which is carcinogenic and neurotoxic.
7. Talcum Powder
Talc in it is labeled, and it can lead to lung irritations and ovarian cancer.
8. Food Beef Frankfurters
These include numerous unlabeled toxic components, such as:
- Hormones, carcinogenic and feminizing.
- Antibiotics, carcinogenic, and some of them can lead to allergies or drug resistance.
- Hexachlorobenzene, carcinogenic, neurotoxic, teratogenic.
- Lindane, carcinogenic, destroys blood-forming cells, neurotoxic.
- Benzene hexachloride, carcinogenic.
- DDT, carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
- Heptachlor, carcinogenic, reproductive toxin, xenoestrogen, neurotoxic.
- Dachtal, carcinogenic (probably contains dioxin), a strong sensitizer, an irritant.
- Dieldrin, carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
As well as the following labeled toxic ingredient:
- Nitrite, which creates nitrosamines when combined with meat amines, and leads to cancer in children.
9. Lysol Disinfectant Spray
Labeled or Unlabeled Toxic Ingredients:
- Ortho-phenylphenol (OPP), carcinogenic and causes irritations.
10. Ortho Weed-B-Lawn Weed Killer
The labeled toxic ingredient is
- Sodium 2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetate (2,4 D), which is a carcinogenic, neurotoxic and a reproductive toxin. Moreover, it can cause lymphoma, soft tissue sarcoma, and other cancers.
11. Permanent Haircolor
It contains several toxins( labeled), such as:
- Phenylenediamine consists of carcinogens and harmful ingredients tested for carcinogenicity, contact dermatitis.
- Propylene glycol, Contact dermatitis.
- Quartenium-15, carcinogenic, neurotoxic, sensitizer, releases formaldehyde, contact dermatitis.
- Diethanolamine (DEA), when combined with nitrites, it produces carcinogenic nitrosamine.
- Fragrance, contact dermatitis, can lead to multiple myeloma, non-Hodgkin`s lymphoma, and other cancer types, and contains different hidden ingredients.
12. Zud Heavy Duty Cleanser (Reckitt & Colman. Inc.)
It contains the following toxic substance, and it is not labeled:
- Crystalline silica- which is carcinogenic, and may cause lung, eye and skin irritation.
Having all this is mind, we strongly recommend that you avoid the use of the above products, as they can seriously harm your health.